Pages Navigation Bar

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pina Colada Cupcakes {Guest Post from Ashley at Eisy Morgan}

Today's recipe is a great low-fat option, and a great recipe for non-bakers.  Ashley from Eisy Morgan found this recipe on Skinny Taste and tried it out. 


Hi!! I’m Ashley
me2011 026

and I run a little blog called

But I must admit I don’t add many recipes to my blog as it is far from my forte!  That is why I was excited to participate in Malory’s cupcake series as I had been wanting to try some new recipes. These cupcakes are TO DIE FOR and great for summer!

I found the recipe on one of my favorite foodie blogs Skinny Tasteand had to try them!!
{She has amazing recipes and every one I have tried is yummy and she has the Weight Watchers points calculated as well}



Here is all you will need for the cupcakes:
june 009

18.25 oz box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Super Moist)
20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice  (do not drain)

june 010

june 012

june 011

Just mix these ingredients together in a bowl and pour into cupcake papers and bake to cakes instructions. (No oil or egg required!) I also couldn’t find crushed pineapple so I used the regular canned pineapple and they had large chunks in them, which I enjoyed!

And for the frosting:
8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese
20 oz can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice, completely drained of any liquid
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup sugar


I placed my frosting in the fridge to thicken a bit (or the freezer if you are in a hurry)

They are so simple and so yummy if you love pineapple and coconut!!
Check out Gina’s full (more beautiful) recipe HERE
ENJOY!!

Thanks for sharing this great find Ashley!  I have been thinking about a pina colada recipe, but never thought of using pineapples instead of oil and eggs.  Ashley doesn't usually blog about food, as she stated earlier, but she does blog about blog design, blogging, crafts, hair, and beauty.  She truly is a multi-faceted woman.  If you are interested in growing your blog, head over to Eisy Morgan--Ashley is a pro!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Malory!! I will share this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say what?!? These look and sound delish! Perfect for my birthday today...might need to make them! Oh and I heart Ashley! :) Fun blog you have too!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.